Saturday, November 26, 2016

Challah Cover in Progress---From Sarah to me and to you





 `Sarah` and `Avraham`.  Using my new Challah Cover,  still in progress!!

From Sarah and Abraham, to Isaac and Rebecca. The pink thread that you see at the bottom is spelling the first letters of my name, Shayndel!!

The seeds scattered around the challah.  from this angle the Challah Cover and the layers of the generations reminded me of the tent of Abraham!!  The challah cover like a house for the bread.  Lechaim, to life, to Lechem (bread), to Yeshua!!


`Shayndel`
.   
`Yitchak` and `Rifka`, on blue and on pink, `Sarah` and `Avraham` on white above, challah cover in progress on the tatami ...
Shabbat Shalom!
It became Shabbat and my challah cover is still ... in progress!
 I had an idea (see post below for Part 1!) and it kept getting new layers and look what happened.. Sarah and Abraham led.. in thread... to me!!

As I was sewing I saw I had left a place in the white cloth that was under the names Abraham and Sarah.  I didn`t exactly know what or if anything would go in that space.  I made the blue layer for Isaac, the pink layer for Rebecca.

Then I looked at the tatami floor where I was stitting, the golden color picking up on the gold color thread around Sarah`s name. 

 I realized that what all the parashiot are about is not just to study the portions intellectually and look at `history` but rather at the living Torah and our places in it through what God shows us in each time we read it, including what came before, what is to come and where we are now!!

Through this parsha I saw the thread that connects us to our forefathers and mothers!!
 The letters added to the bottom are my name, in Hebrew letters, Shayndel!

 I saw that Sarah is the beginning of our line of women, who brought forth the promise of ADONAI of descendants through the seed of Abraham!!  Look at all those seeds...through Isaac, then Jacob, to his sons who made up the tribes of Israel ...to King David, to  Messiah Yeshua.  And through Him that seed were multiplied and sent to nations... and continues to multiply... all the way and continuing in....yes, in us....

I am sharing my excitement in some ways as a diary of my first year studying the Torah,  and this journey through the parsahiot...and also in the hope that my excitement in learning can connect you with yours as we find out who we are in Yeshua, in God the Father.  Each week there is another layer of new things to learn as we continue to study His word, to walk in Faith, hear His call and return to the living Torah!!

 I do hope that perhaps there is someone who is reading this has not yet chosen to walk with God, and will hear His call.  And that even now, this very day your eyes will be open to Yeshua.  Salvation is for everyone who calls on the name on the LORD.  The seed of Abraham is so huge in number that his descendants are as many as the stars in the sky...At the end of this Shabbat, when we look up at the stars as it becomes night, we can think of the taste of the wine (or grape juice in my case!), Yeshua the vine, and Father Abraham who left everything behind to walk into the plans God had for him that he could not yet even see!!! And remember, Sarah was 90 years old when she gave birth to a son, fulfillment of a long-awaited promise.

For nothing will be impossible with God.
----Luke 1:37

  May we give thanks to ADONAI for our forefathers and mothers!  For their Faith that encourages us in ours.
And for His Torah!!
We are only (already!) in the fifth week, hope you will join in reading the portions if you have not yet already.  You can find the list of weekly readings here.

Shabbat Shalom!
May ADONAI  bless you and keep you!  May He shine His face upon you and give you SHALOM (Peace).   (from the Aaronic Blessing, Numbers 6:24~26)

Bring us back to you, ADONAI, and we will return.  
Renew our days as of old.   ---Lamentations 5:21 TLV



A remnant will return,
even the remnant of Jacob,
to the Mighty God.

--Isaiah 21


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. You sew with such detail! It is amazing the many layers you discover along the way. What a blessing it will for you to see these challah coverings on every Shabbat. A constant reminder of God's Promise to all mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah!
    I am so glad you stopped by.
    Yes! May we remember always His Promises. God is so good!
    Many blessings to you. Shabbat Shalom!!

    ReplyDelete