Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Pomegranate Pancake

 

I would lead you and bring you Into the house of my mother, who used to instruct me. I would give you spiced wine to drink from the juice of my pomegranates.   
                                                       ---Song of Solomon 8:2
It was a great surprise to receive a pomegranate ...and on my birthday...!
I shared it with my family, my Japanese sister-in-laws never tried one before.

my daughter and I , w/ pomegranate!







 It was fun and exciting to share this...first fruit!! (first pomegranate that I ever had in Japan, and first ever for those that tried it including my daughter!)

We have been savoring the seeds and there is still some left.
This morning I had an inspiration to make a pomegranate pancake!

The red juicy seeds and even finding a pomegranate here, seemed to have come from these weeks of looking into the treasures of the parashiot and seeking their expression in our days!  I was thinking about that ....  When all of a sudden, pop! A pomegranate seed popped out from the frying pan!  And a  profusion of gratitude landed in my heart!

Of course, it gave me a new idea for a challah as well! I usually don`t plan what challah to make until I read the parsha, but now I am thinking there must be the perfect parsha that could find an expression in a pomegranate challah! Any ideas??  Tanoshimi-ni. (I am happily looking forward to it!)

Wishing you a blessed day!


     Love ADONAI your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

                                   ---Deuteronomy 6:  4

In these days leading up to Channukah, may we re-dedicate our hearts and our selves to serving ADONAI, to bring glory to Him in all we do, and to a season filled with the LIGHT of Messiah Yeshua reaching into all our hearts and nations!!Shayndel





No comments:

Post a Comment