Sunday, April 2, 2017

Fruits of the Spirit, Pineapple of Shabbat!







 But the fruit of the Ruach (Spirit) is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control---against such things there is no law.    ---Galatians 5:22~23


I have written some posts about fruits on my blog.  Not with any intent to do a `fruit` series, but certain fruits have called to my attention, as if the Holy Spirit did indeed want to show me something through them. Does that sometimes happen with you?


There was the famous Grapefruit from Israel, then Tu B`shevat and my first fruity challah.  Recently,  Israeli orange samples were being given out at our local department store food floor.  Another fruit surprise was a birthday pomeganate, and now...a pineapple of Shabbat.  It was this past Shabbat that I picked up the pineapple.  I almost didn`t post it, but after all I will include it, and not let the pineapple pass by.

In the Book of Exodus that we just finished reading, do you remember a fruit that appears on the garments of the Holy Priest?  Yes, it is a pomegranate (not a pineapple), which alternates with bells on the pattern of the hem of the priestly garment.  Perhaps I am pushing it, not just because they both are fruits which begin with `P` but I see some similarity between them.

The similarity is in... the crown!! There is something King-ly about both  the pineapple and the pomegranate.  This pineapple was born (grown) in Japan, in the very southernmost part, in Okinawa.  It may be the first time I saw a Japan-grown pineapple.  On the Shabbat I like to sometimes buy a special fruit to honor the LORD and the special-ness of the day.

Delight is one of the qualities that we experience in the Shabbat,  our senses are at a peak as the LORD shines a divine light on everything in that time---colors, tastes, smells, everything seems to be heightened when we enter the Sabbath.  Even in preparing for the Shabbat,  I will sometimes sense a nudging, or pointing out by the Holy Spirit to pick out something delight-full for the Shabbat table.

This week it was the pineapple!! We didn`t actually even eat it until the day after, but it was there gracing the table.  While I was worshiping and welcoming the Shabbat on Friday,  I had a vision of a stream of turquoise flowing from the throne of Heaven.  I was dancing and then Yeshua himself came to dance with me and our hands touched, making a kind of high bridge over the stream of Living Water.

When I tried to make a drawing of it, I wanted to to somehow express the Throne but without drawing what it `looks` like, so I put something there to express the Throne room of heaven, and guess what it was?? A pomegranate? No!  A pineapple? No.  But you are close...

Yes!! there you see it, A Crown!!!

You will also be a crown of beauty 
in the hand of ADONAI,
and a royal diadem
in the hand of your God.  
 Isaiah 62:3


So that is my story of the pineapple of Shabbat. I would like to dedicate this post to a new sister, friend, and reader of my blog who I met on this very Shabbat.  For Mrs. N!!



Drawing that brings together the crown, the names of the twelve tribes of Israel, the New Jerusalem, and Yeshua bringing healing on the Shabbat!


 How precious is Your kindness, O God!   The sons of man take refuge in the shadow of Your wings. May they be sated from the abundance of Your house; and may You give them to drink from the stream of Your delights.  For with You is the source of life---by Your light we shall see light.  Extend Your kindness to those who know You, and Your charity to the upright of heart.

---Psalms 36:8~11

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a beautiful post! I just smiled the whole time reading this! I'm just so sincerely blessed by reading your posts...the love you have for Yah shines through each word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs N! To G-d be the Glory!!

    ReplyDelete